Monday, March 29, 2010

The NLNZ Valedictory


The Adjunct Director role - New Zealand National Library
Last week in Wellington at the Soundings Theater, Te Papa I gave my valedictory lecture to the role of Adjunct Director, National Digital Library, National Library, New Zealand. This role has been hugely engaging allowing me the chance to participate, comment and on occasion contribute to a bunch of projects and thinking inside the NLNZ.


Living and Learning in the cloud
In the lecture, among other points, I ask three questions. Where are the online spaces for reflective thinking? Second, what is the role of a cultural institution in the cloud? And last, can we connect the two?

The slides and the audio
The slides are offered below. At the foot of the Slide Share presentation is a small audio player, which on click gives you the lecture.  We - the NLNZ and I -  decided separating the two was the best option - allowing people to move through the slides at their own pace while listening to the audio. And of course - I would totally love some comments.



  

No comments: